They wrote about us: Marina Yacht Park for sailors and the residents of Gdynia (żeglarski.info)
Marina Yacht Park will be opened in spring at the President's Pool in Gdynia. Marek Wójcik, the facility's manager, tells us what it is and how it will serve sailors and residents of the city.
A new marina will be opened in Gdynia this year. Whose project is it?
- It is one of the elements of a project carried out by Polski Holding Nieruchomości. A new area, open for the residents of Gdynia, is being created at the Molo Rybackie, near the Sea Towers - including apartments, office buildings and a marina. You will be able to walk along the previously inaccessible quay, and the monument of Tadeusz Wenda will be built on the renovated pier No. 1.
According to the original project, Marina Yacht Park was to serve mainly the residents of apartment buildings. Will it be this way?
- We are trying to help all the interested persons find their place here, including the clients of Polski Holding Nieruchomości. The marina will be open to everyone.
Does Gdynia need such a place?
- Of course! Sailors are interested in new space. With barely 250 berths for large units, the Marina Gdynia is bursting at the seams. In addition, the Tri-City is growing and I think that Marina Yacht Park can be popular, because it is easier to come to Gdynia than to circle around Górki Zachodnie.
Can you describe this facility?
- There will be 120 berths for 10 to 15 meter long units. This may not be a lot, but these calculations do not include small RIB units, training boats and water scooters. In total, we have about 150 berths. All stations are equipped with water and electricity connections. A beautiful harbor master's office is also being built with an area of over 300 square meters, in which there will be 15 showers, toilets, technical facilities, a storage room, a boatswain's room and a forecastle. The marina will be largely open and accessible to walkers.
And what besides the marina?
- The idea is that the commercial premises in the apartment buildings being built should refer to the character of the place and complement the marina. For the purpose of winter storage, we can use the nearby port infrastructure, because the marina is managed by Dalmor Property Management, which is part of PHN.
Will Marina Yacht Park be a premium class object?
- We want it to provide all the facilities necessary for sailors. Of course, there are some shortcomings, for example we do not have a gas station, but on the other hand it ensures that the place will be clean and ecological. In addition, we will have the opportunity to provide services related to the needs of shipowners. There will be a mechanic, a sail maker and a boat maker.
What will the prices be for a stopover?
- We do not know that yet. Probably a bit higher than in Marina Gdynia, but definitely lower than in marinas of a similar class in our vicinity.
When will the marina be opened?
- We are planning to open the marina for yachts already in April. The facilities, such as the harbor master's office and service outlets, will be ready at the end of May. The official opening will probably take place in the second half of June. The construction of apartment buildings should be completed by the end of the year.
Are you also open to sailing events? Can regatta and rally organizers count on cooperation?
- Of course! Marina Yacht Park must thrive, it is not meant to be a closed enclave for a narrow group. This is why we want to cooperate with the sailing community. We also want it to serve the residents of Gdynia as a new, attractive place in the city center.